Hello, my name is Diane Spencer and I am a standup comedian, actor and writer. I’ve been performing since 2006, starting in New Zealand and now years later, I’ve managed to perform all over the world from Aarhus to Australia. Some people describe me as “charming, warm and friendly” and “shocking, outrageous and filthy“, so it really depends on your personal taste! I’ve got awards, nominations and critical acclaim so clearly I appeal to some people somewhere, and hopefully you, dear visitor are one of those people.
Enjoy this online representation of me, and please check out my Youtube channel where you can see me in action right now, if you can’t wait for me to visit your town.
Thanks for coming, all the best,
- The New Current Woman of the Year 2013
- Top 5 Hottest Comedy Shows, Edinburgh Fringe 2012 (The Scotsman)
- Nominated Best Comedy (Emerging), Adelaide Fringe Awards 2011
- Winner: Chortle Awards 2011: Best Newcomer
- “Hottest Comedians 2010″ Londonisfunny.com
- Nominated Best Actress, 2009, 48 Hr Film Competition, Auckland heat.
- Nominated Best Female Comedian, NZ Comedy Guild 2009
Reviews for “Hurricane Diane”, 2013, Edinburgh Fringe Festival
“Diane Spencer seems incapable of producing a show that is not worthy of the high praise she gains. Her honesty and unflinching sincerity makes you laugh harder than you could imagine and once she has you there really is no hope of her letting up.” The New Current